Position Title: Assistant Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Date Modified: January 2017
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
The assistant director of marketing and public relations is responsible for assisting the director of marketing and public relations with communication, branding, and public relations at Saint Mary’s Hall. This includes supporting brand management, media relations, community relations, all print and broadcast communications, digital communications, and integrated reputation management and marketing.
- Proactively maintain favorable relations with Saint Mary’s Hall’s internal and external audiences including: alumni, parents, faculty, staff, the community, and the media.
- Work with the director of marketing and public relations to communicate and maintain the school’s branding guidelines throughout all communications (digital and printed).
- Serve as the assistant editor and copywriter for school communications including the school magazine, calendar, direct mail, print ads, email communications, social media, and the alumni newsletter.
- Act as the managing editor of the alumni newsletter, Nota Bene.
- Work with various media outlets to continue to create public awareness for Saint Mary’s Hall by assisting with or creating Media Advisories and Press Releases for strategic events.
- Work collaboratively with the assistant director of digital marketing to provide support as needed on email communications, the school newsletter, or the school web site.
- Act as liaison for the Communications Committee by creating agendas, compiling meeting minutes, and maintaining the Communications Committee materials.
- Oversee the school’s event photographer, providing shot sheets and overall management of the photography process including posting events on the school’s Livestream account. May act as the photographer for in-school events.
- Work collaboratively with all school divisions and departments to support branding and marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English, or a closely-related field.
- Minimum of two years relevant experience and proven track record in a similar position.
- Minimum of two years copywriting and editing experience.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and strategies to include branding.
- Knowledge of electronic communication techniques and strategies to include web site content management, email communications, and social media management.
- Design experience using graphics software packages and desktop publishing.
- Knowledge of public relations procedures, techniques, and methods including working with the media.
- Excellent oral and written communications and organizational skills.
- Experience in photography, photo editing, and video production a plus.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with alumni, parents, faculty, staff, Board of Trustees, donors, prospective students and families, the community, and the media.
- Able to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and responsibility.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to manage simultaneous projects and multiple deadlines.
- Able to maintain friendly and professional manner especially under stress.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and irregular hours as needed.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled office environment.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate effectively with a diversified population (read, write & speak).
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply email materials to email@example.com.
For more information, visit the Saint Mary’s Hall website at www.smhall.org.