A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Law, one of the oldest law schools in the nation, was founded in 1859 and enjoys a reputation for academic excellence characterized by powerful commitment to access and diversity. Michigan is consistently ranked among the top ten law schools in the nation, and enjoys international renown for its academic rigor, stunning physical surroundings, the faculty's preeminent scholarship, and an academic community noted for collegiality and warmth. Supported by remarkable facilities, preeminent faculty-scholars, and unparalleled architecture and physical environment, Michigan Law has a total of approximately 928 J.D. candidates and 80 full-time faculty members.
Michigan Law seeks a creative, detail oriented, and enthusiastic marketing coordinator for its graphic design and website team to assist with marketing and communications efforts. Reporting to the Creative Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will assist with web and electronic marketing, including website maintenance and development, analytics, digital applications, and electronic communications, as well as graphic design projects. This is a great opportunity for a creative and tech-minded person, with a couple of years of experience, who understands the concepts of design, and enjoys working closely with others in a professional setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials;
- Website updates, including maintenance of various parts of law.umich.edu and the communications section of the intranet portal;
- Website content posting and management, including content postings and updates, creation and posting of image galleries, and home page banner stories;
- Development of templates for basic WordPress sites;
- Design select electronic communications, such as newsletters and event invitations;
- Design and produce various print materials, such as brochures, posters, and programs;
- Manage electronic kiosk system;
- Manage and Maintain distribution lists for electronic communications;
- Provide PowerPoint design support;
- Manage print collateral inventory system, working with internal clients and external vendors to ensure adequate supply and distribution;
- Reviews statistics, monitors analytics, and creates reports for management about website activity;
- A minimum of two years of experience doing graphic design work for print and web;
- Bachelors degree demonstrating art, web, or digital curriculum;
- Experience working in higher education preferred;
- In-depth experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of various website platforms and applications, such as SharePoint and WordPress, and experience developing HTML emails and e-marketing tools, such as MailChimp, as well as understanding of web statistical tools is a plus.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.