With oversight and direction from the Marketing Manager, helps develop and implement strategies for promoting ISMIE Mutual and its related affiliate programs and services to achieve established objective and outcomes. Assists the Marketing Manager (and when applicable, the Assistant Vice President of Marketing and Outreach) in executing marketing programs and initiatives designed to strengthen the ISMIE Mutual brand, and build interest in its products, services and relationships.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Participate in initial meetings with appropriate staff/departments to discuss ISMIE project goals and begin promotion plan development for projects as assigned; serve as primary contact for those projects as assigned by the Marketing Manager or AVP.
- Outline, develop and execute marketing plans for meetings, events, programs, campaigns, webinars, symposia, educational programs or other ISMIE products and/or services based on established goals and objectives.
- Regularly evaluate promotion strategies for ISMIE Mutual products and programs with project leaders, revising as needed. This includes providing promotion analysis, budget updates (where applicable) and updates regarding timelines and strategies.
- Help Marketing Manager achieve established goals for each assigned project within expense budgets.
- Recommend initial budget revenue and expense projections to Marketing Manager or appropriate project leader at the beginning of each budget cycle for each assigned project.
- Aid in the evaluation of new services, benefits or product ideas for ISMIE Mutual, taking in to account market and audience.
- Offer ideas and information about program evaluations, including, but not limited to, metrics; analytics; data reporting; and database tracking.
- Analyze data and trends for assigned projects related to ISMIE Mutual and recommend adjustments to Marketing Manager and other project leaders based on analytics and other information.
- Work closely with the Risk Management team on evaluation and engagement around Managing Risk Partnership Program. Provide feedback and data analysis of MRPP outreach and engagement efforts to Marketing Manager, AVP and others as needed.
- With direction from the Marketing Manager and/or AVP, work with other ISMIE departments as needed to develop strategies and materials that help foster and grow relationships with our broker partners.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in survey development, set up and analysis as it relates to ISMIE products and services.
- Coordinate the production of project materials (electronic, print, mail), and serve as liaison between the project coordinator (if in another division), outside vendors and the Communications Division.
- Working with the Communications Division (and with oversight from the AVP), responsible for research, content creation and execution of ISMIE Mutual’s social media efforts.
- Assist the Marketing Manager develop and execute engagement strategies for ISMIE Mutual’s Web initiatives, as determined by the AVP, the Communications Division and other Division leadership.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
Will engage with all divisions, but especially the Underwriting, Risk Management, Claims, Communications and Information Services divisions.
As directed by the Marketing Manager, will network with third-party vendors involved in marketing support, including external agencies and designers, media/marketing outlets, data and analytics providers, relevant publications, insurance brokers, and marketing/communications organizations and groups.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Education: BA or BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or a related field.
Experience: Two to four years of experience in marketing, communications or related account service field; experience in the insurance, finance or health-care arena is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; and a talent for crafting advertising/promotional writing.
- Ability to draft and refine copy/content for the Web.
- Solid understanding of multi-channel marketing and brand development.
- Adept critical-thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of databases and content management systems.
- Social media content-creation skills utilized in a professional/business setting.
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office software; knowledge of design/editing software is a plus.
- Working knowledge of multi-media and print production processes also a plus.