The role will be focused on distributing investment products to the UK adviser marketplace, which will include working with key external strategic partners. This Marketing Manager will be responsible for designing and executing an effective marketing strategy with the over-arching aim of creating business growth. The goal of this role is to deliver effective marketing to drive engagement from our target audience, creating demand for our products, generating sales leads for the sales team, and supporting strong service levels through the delivery of timely and effective communications.
If this role sounds interesting but you want a broader European focus I also have opportunities for investment marketers in this space.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working autonomously while functioning as part of a wider team. They need to have the ambition and drive to cope and be excited by a very busy environment. The ability to deal with complex marketing plans and multiple deadlines is critical.
The person in this role needs to have a good technical marketing skills and the ability to work both strategically and tactically. They should be able to respond to high level objectives and not just expect a list of tasks to do.
Strong relationship building skills, and a can-do attitude are a must. Success will depend on a close alignment with the wider marketing team, the investment team and the sales team. Knowledge of regulated financial products is an advantage, otherwise the candidate will have to prove a clear capability of rapidly accumulating this level of understanding. This person must also be passionate about marketing and the function's role in creating a growing business and an industry-leading brand.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and implement marketing strategy
- Design and execute coordinated marketing campaigns to drives sales growth.
- Develop an efficient and high-quality customer journey with regards to communication and marketing.
- Lead the production of best-in-class marketing collateral and communications.
- Work closely with Group Marketing (digital, brand, PR, copywriting and design), agency partners and other functional teams to understand and take advantage of the opportunities in the market.
- Use insights to develop and implement a marketing plan which drives business growth.
- Manage the marketing budget for the multi manager business.
- Identify and deliver opportunities for further sales expansion across the customer life cycle (possibly to include cross-selling additional products).
- Develop a point of view of what efforts are successful and why.
- Incorporate insights into marketing and sales efforts.
- Support the development and maintenance of the firms culture
- Participate as needed with any high priority project.
Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities Required
- A track-record of delivering results, operating autonomously and within a broader team.
- Full understanding of the marketing mix (including digital) and confident in managing agencies and other resources to deliver stand out marketing and communications that achieves results.
- Experience in building a brand and driving demand.
- Ability to manage a marketing budget.
- Knowledge of the IFA marketplace with an understanding of adviser motivations/needs.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and influencing skills. Has the experience and confidence to represent the business effectively in the marketing community, and represent marketing within the broader team.
- Knowledge of typical investment products and terminology (e.g. investment funds, active/passive management, asset classes, etc.)
- Detail-oriented and quality conscious. Very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, deal with complex plans and multiple priorities.
- Responds quickly to changing work demands.
- Is proactive, a self-starter, and can manage own time effectively.
- Ability to learn quickly and high levels of intellectual curiosity.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g. to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns).
- Highly-developed creative thinking skills.