Marketing and Communications
- Develop strategic direction for strengthening Rutgers athletic brand. Serve as brand steward for the department; direct and oversee brand management including development and implementation of local, regional and national marketing and branding strategies.
- Direct and oversee the marketing and promotions of all 24 Varsity sports; direct and oversee the game day atmosphere at various sports venues ensuring a positive, meaningful fan and student-athlete experience.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategy and staffing plan for Rutgers Athletics social media engagement.
- Direct and oversee all department internal and external communications inclusive of media relations, RVision, TV, radio, digital communications and creative services.
- Oversee and act as liaison to multi-media rights holder, inclusive of sponsorship and activation.
- Provide leadership to overall department; define roles and responsibilities for all team members.
- Develops and executes comprehensive and integrated sales, marketing, and communication plans for ticket/parking sales.
- Responsible for developing strategic plan that focuses on the fan experience through best practice initiatives in customer service and engagement. Develop and execute plan for digital advertising.
- Develop annual cultivation, stewardship, communication and events plan with multi-media rights partner that fosters collaboration with goal to meet/surpass revenue sharing thresholds; meets regularly to discuss current contract, game day atmosphere, promotions, and revenue.
- In conjunction with the Director and Deputy Director of Athletics, and Sr. Assoc AD for Finance, Administration and Operations, assist with projecting annual revenue for athletic department budget.
Liaison to University Constituencies
Expected to foster collaborative, cooperative relationships with each unit.
- Marching Band, Cheer and Dance spirit squads
- University Communications, Marketing, Trademark and Licensing
- Student Affairs
- Develop and execute an internal and external customer service plan; goal to serve 24 sports programs/coaches, internal business units, university constituencies, and the Rutgers Athletic fan base/community
Education, Experience, Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, sports marketing or related field; master’s preferred.
- Experience in one of the following fields expected: sports marketing, communications, or a related field
- Eight years of experience of which five are at a senior level, in Division I intercollegiate athletics or professional sports.
- Outstanding written communication skill
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a large number of constituents: administrators, staff, students, donors, alumni and media professionals
- Excellent judgment in the handling of confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision