- The Marketing and Promotions Graduate Assistant should have a bachelor’s degree in business, sales, public relations, marketing, sports management or a related field.
- Prior athletic marketing and promotions experience is preferred.
- Candidates should also possess: strong organizational, communication, writing, and editing skills. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)is preferred.
- Experience with forms of new media including, but not limited to, website, social media, video and mobile.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on projects individually, as well as within a team, be able to handle multiple tasks at one time, work in a fast paced environment, problem solve, and meet short deadlines. The candidate must display the highest of ethical standards and commitment to the overall success of Toledo Athletics.
- The candidate is expected to act within the parameters of institutional control and is responsible for conducting all activities in compliance with NCAA, Mid-American Conference and University of Toledo rules and regulations.
All applicants must meet the admission requirements for The University of Toledo Graduate School. Employment is contingent upon admission and enrollment in the graduate program. As a condition for retention, the GA must remain in good academic standing within the graduate program. This is a two-year graduate assistantship starting May 2017 and concluding in the spring of 2019. The University of Toledo will provide tuition for the fall and spring semester (at the in-state tuition rates) and a monthly stipend of $1,000 per month.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received on or before Friday, March 31, 2017, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names of three references to Heather Lutz, Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing & Sales, via email email@example.com or mail to The University of Toledo, Department of Athletics, Attn: Heather Lutz, 2801 W. Bancroft St. MS 302, Toledo OH 43606.
Website for Graduate School: http://www.utoledo.edu/graduate/
The University of Toledo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All applications are welcomed and encouraged and will receive consideration.