Formed in 2010, Crunch Time Apple Growers (CTAG) is a grower-owned company united with the mission of introducing exclusive, high flavor or unique and innovative apple varieties to the marketplace. The organization is comprised of 145 grower members in the state of New York, representing about 60% of the state’s apple production. In partnership with Cornell University, Crunch Time released their first two apple varieties — SnapDragon and RubyFrost — to the public in 2013.
Crunch Time is seeking a highly resourceful and creative Director of Marketing who can elevate the strong foundation of the business and play a crucial role in the growth and development of our organization. Core responsibilities for this position include driving the overall company sales, implementing a strategic marketing plan, seeking opportunities for organizational growth, and building strong relationships with key partners in the industry.
As the Director of Marketing, you will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, work in an entrepreneurial environment and lead change for a high-growth organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop sales & marketing strategy, execute sales and promotional plans and expand customer base and market penetration
- Create and implement effective, high profile, high ROI marketing programs
- Collaboratively seek sales opportunities that deliver efficiency gain, cost savings and product improvement
- Conduct SWOT and competitive analysis for the development of revenue forecasts, marketing strategies, annual pricing structure and contingency plans
- Create, build and execute media plan in addition to building a robust digital platform & web presence
- Build & maintain strong relationships with the Board, growers, business partners and other resources while always providing exceptional service
- Represent CTAG externally; you will serve as “chief evangelist” of the brand and products
- Manage Supply Chain Manager with an eye for developing and training future staff
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented self-starter who can deliver above-target outcomes in addition to having the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years sales and marketing experience; retail grocery industry ideal, food manufacturing or distribution a plus
- Exceptional people and communication skills
- Strong understanding of financial, accounting and budgeting principles
- Technically savvy with experience employing marketing concepts to digitally influence consumers, retailers and partners
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a flexible and adaptive nature; must be willing to think and work outside of job scope
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
This person will work from their home office for the first few months until CTAG establishes their new corporate office in the Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse area. Candidates residing in the area are preferred.
For confidential consideration, please send cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to Dany Bourjolly Smith, Executive Recruitment Consultant, at email@example.com.