Interactive Design (http://www.bu.edu/id) is part of Boston University's award-winning Creative Services group. Nestled within the department of Marketing & Communications on West Campus, the ID hive is always buzzing with innovative designers, wicked smart developers, and colorful copywriters, all of whom have a deep knowledge and passion for BU culture.
If you're passionate, conscientious, and love to concept, design, prototype, test, and launch interactive projects from large websites to editorial stories to mobile applications, this is a place for you. You'll work closely with a team of copywriters, project managers, photographers, and developers while ensuring projects meet high standards and addresses strategic goals. All while being around some really nice people.
What you'll do:
An expert multi-tasker, you will design interactive projects of different sizes and complexities, while generating a ton of original ideas to create memorable advertising. You'll take the lead on some of our largest and most immersive projects, creating great sites like the College of Communications, or Questrom School of Business. You'll design stories such as the search for new physics at the LHC or explain climate change lessons from Venice. You will partner with our editorial and video teams to create immersive storytelling experiences, and you will come up with emerging technology activations that generate buzz for the University.
- Design both small and large university sites and long form, highly interactive, narrative editorial stories for several in-house editorial channels.
- Participate in most aspects of the interactive design processVisual Design, Information Architecture, Wireframing, User Experienceand collaborate with front- and back-end developers throughout the build of your design.
- Collaborate closely with other creatives and inspire the entire team with your strong leadership skills and concepting.
- Create a range of breakthrough, viable concepts and designs for each assignment, demonstrating a strategic approach with high attention to detail.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art understanding of design tools, trends, and web design best practices.
- Keep the creative team informed and inspired.
- Be proactive, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, and innovative.
- Create great work, while still having a life beyond the office.
Things you'll learn, or learn better:
As a university we encourage our team to grow and learn in the office, workshops, conferences, and classes. Through collaboration and sharing of ideas you'll learn to be a stronger designer, how to structure complex, thousand+ page sites, and how to improve content strategy and architecture. You'll learn WordPress and see how it works in a managed environment with over 2,000 sites. You'll learn how Git, Grunt, and other modern web tools help our team design and build award-winning sites. And you'll be exposed to a highly creative, highly technical team that will help you learn and expand your skills in many areas.
If you want to work in a fast paced, rapidly evolving environment but, an environment that provides a terrific work life balance, then we want to hear from you!
Salary: Grade 75