The Coordinator of Athletics Marketing and Promotions will assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions in all marketing and promotional activities for Northern Kentucky University Athletics and its 17 NCAA varsity-level sports. Additionally, this position is responsible for growing student attendance for athletic events, and will assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive ticket sales and operations plan that will generate revenue and attendance at athletic events.
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the utmost importance at Northern Kentucky University. As a member of the athletics department staff it is expected that the Coordinator of Athletics Marketing and Promotions will have a full understanding of the NCAA rules that pertain to the position. It is also expected that the Coordinator of Athletics Marketing and Promotions will comply with all NCAA rules and if he/she becomes aware, or have reasonable cause to believe, that a violation of a rule has occurred he/she will immediately report it to the Director of Athletics or his/her designee.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and promotions plan for the Department of Athletics, with an emphasis on men’s and women’s basketball. This plan will focus on various constituencies, including community supporters, corporate supporters, alumni, faculty, staff and students.
2. Assist with planning and directing of event and game management activities for all NKU home athletic events including theme nights, special events, anthem performers, halftime acts, and giveaways. Direction of promotional activities at NKU home basketball events includes set-up, student worker placement, contestant selection, radio distribution, and other various activities pertaining to promotions.
3. Coordinate planning, writing, and editing scripts and game protocol for athletic events.
4. In conjunction with the Athletic Communications staff, coordinate social media accounts and manage content, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
5. Assist with planning, designing, and coordinating production of print materials, including but not limited to posters, schedule cards, brochures, and flyers.
6. In coordination with various student groups, including SAAC, Norse Force, fraternities and sororities, student organizations, etc, develop and implement a comprehensive plan to increase student attendance at home athletic events, with an emphasis on men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, and women’s volleyball.
7. Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive promotional plan for men’s and women’s basketball. Plan will focus on increasing season ticket, mini plan, group and individual game ticket sales.
8. Assist in conducting research and analyze data on an annual basis to develop promotional plans and revenue projections.
9. Provide game day support for current ticket buyers, including implementation and activation of group incentives.
10. Assist with the creation and marketing of ticket promotions designed to increase revenue and attendance at athletic events.
11. Implement an undergraduate internship program for marketing and promotional needs.
12. Communicate to the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions through oral and written reports on the progress of attendance and revenue generation.
13. Assist in the coordination and implementation of all aspects of NKU Kids’ Club, including promotions, solicitation, sponsorships, and membership benefits and management.
14. Build and strengthen Northern Kentucky University Athletics relationships with local school districts to promote special athletic events and Kids’ Club membership. Additionally, coordinate special appearances and community outreach with the schools.
15. Direct and coordinate community outreach activities involving public appearances by NKU Athletic administrators, coaches, student-athletes, spirit squads, and the mascot to promote a positive public relations and information service regarding NKU Athletics.
16. Produce, plan, edit, and create content for the athletics website, NKUNorse.com and all complementary social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
17. Serve as an ambassador to solicit support for the Northern Kentucky University Athletics Department and University projects and priorities. Speak before various constituents and establish activities that will promote attendance at athletic events.
18. Implement an undergraduate internship program for marketing, promotions and event management.
19. Provide a positive and professional presence in the community.
20. Serve on various University Committees as determined by the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing and Promotions.