The University of North Carolina has enjoyed a long-standing place among leaders in higher education since it was chartered in 1789 and opened its doors for students in 1795 as the nation's first public university. Situated in the beautiful college town of Chapel Hill, N.C., Carolina has earned a reputation as one of the best universities in the world. Carolina prides itself on a strong, diverse student body, academic opportunities not found anywhere else, and a value unmatched by any public university in the nation.
Carolina Development is proud of its donor-centered philosophy, pursuing activities that always respect the interests and intentions of the donor as well as the University. The organization's collaborative nature is a critical component to fulfilling our mission of raising private funds to benefit the university. The university is in the early stages of planning its next comprehensive campaign and is currently recruiting top national talent to join the team.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing for Schools and Units, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing for Schools and Units will assist the Associate Director with the planning and implementation of direct marketing strategies for many schools and units. They will assist in an overall outreach strategy to acquire, renew, retain and acquire through direct marketing strategies. This position will have direct contact with University Development colleagues, school and unit colleagues, donors, Design Services and Development Communications.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct Marketing (65%):
- Assist the Associate Director of Annual Giving, Direct Marketing for Schools and Units with planning and implementing the overall strategy for direct marketing for schools and units.
- Coordinate and implement direct marketing efforts (mail, email, social media, and website) that solicit alumni, donors and friends. May include:
- writing and editing communications and solicitation materials;
- managing print, electronic and web-based content;
- editing and analyzing communications and solicitation material or content prepared by others;
- coordinating the design, creation and production of appropriate annual giving materials including, but not limited to, articles, case statements, brochures, solicitation letters, gift proposals, thank you letters, donor reports, and other fundraising materials;
- ensure that all marketing and solicitation projects are completed, mailed or emailed on-time and error free;
- creating and implementing digital strategies for web-based campaigns.
- Analyze and report past and present fundraising results for schools/units. Use data to set future direct marketing and annual giving strategy.
- Assist with stewardship strategies for annual donors.
Other Duties (10%):
- As requested by central developments executive director of annual giving, directors of annual or associate directors of annual giving to meet the goals of the department.