Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of ICPI’s marketing and membership goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics. Oversees external public relations as well as internal membership communications, development of marketing materials and services in support of ICPI programs and member marketing needs. Directs staff assisting in membership data and development, marketing, communications and public relations. Coordinates strategic and tactical activities with ICPI technical, construction, advocacy, trade show, and meeting committee programs. The position reports to the Executive Director.
1. Serves as marketing resource to members, design professionals, contractors, homeowners and other users of segmental concrete pavement.
2. Interact, liaise and support the ICPI committees in the development of marketing programs that fulfill the ICPI mission, Strategic Plan goals, objectives and tactics.
3. Serve as staff liaison to the Marketing Committee and Meetings, Membership & Trade Show Committee which meet bi-annually.
4. Participate in bi-annual ICPI Board meetings.
5. Supervise Manager of Membership and Administration including oversight of office administration and membership development, retention and member services.
6. Supervise Marketing & Meetings Coordinator to implement marketing strategies, web site, social media and events.
7. Oversee association brand guidelines including logos, fonts, use of color, images and messaging for electronic and print communications.
8. Create and implement overall marketing and communications strategy, including the creation of strategic marketing plans, timelines and metrics.
9. Manage social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest and other sites to ensure timely communication of association messaging.
10. Initiate and collaborate internally and with external consultants in design and production of marketing collateral; craft promotional messages for event invitations, brochures, ICPI websites, videos and other materials.
11. Manage association websites, including content, design, navigation, SEO, analytics, and integration with social media.
12. Responsible for design, production, promotion, advertising and distribution of all print and electronic communication tools including Interlock Design magazine, ICPI Annual Report, Paver Express bi-weekly e-newsletter, ICPI News Center and serve as review and clearinghouse for all email communications to membership.
13. Oversee advertising sales efforts for all publications/electronic media.
14. Manage public relations efforts and placement of articles; develop and maintain relationships with industry trade magazines and trade media in order to best promote segmental concrete pavement systems and ICPI.
15. Conduct industry and association research to support the marketing goals and objectives including oversight of the annual industry sales survey
16. Develops, directs, and/or implements marketing plans, budgets, and logistics for events including ICPI exhibits at trade shows, ICPI’s Hardscape North America trade show exhibit, plus advertising/promotion of ICPI publications, software programs and services.
17. Oversee Hardscape North America Awards program and ICPI exhibit booth and branding.
18. Oversee membership development efforts, develop and monitor an ongoing membership plan with goals and metrics for projects for increasing and retaining membership.
19. Develop budgets and tracks financial progress of member acquisition, retention, and marketing projects.
20. Represent association at events and trade shows, develop exhibit booths, manage logistics and budget
21. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, English or Public Relations.
Minimum of five years’ experience in product and association marketing preferred.
Ability to plan, organize and direct association programs and support staff.
Ability to pack/unpack boxes (up to 75 lbs.) for trade show booths and work at them up to 10 hours a day.
Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet multiple deadlines.
Proven writing, speaking and presentation skills.
Ability to lead meetings and conference calls and present programs and services in a clear and concise way to members and staff.
Ability to be a team player which means executing jobs small and large, i.e., taking meeting minutes and packing boxes to developing and implementing marketing programs.
Ability to conduct market research and interpret the results using various research methodologies.
Experience in writing case studies and publications preferred.
Excellent self-starter with strong time management skills.
Knowledge of commercial and residential construction desirable.
Ability to travel to association meetings, conferences and to member locations.
Demonstrated interest in and focus on continuous improvement of his/her education.
Send cover letter highlighting how your experience matches job description, resume and salary history to email@example.com.
About Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI), founded in 1993, is the North American trade association representing the interlocking concrete paving industry. ICPI is considered by peer associations around the world as the leader in development and dissemination of technical information for design professionals and contractors. Our leadership position is due to years of commitment and energy from more than 1,200 members. ICPI engages in a broad range of technical, marketing, educational, government relations and communications activities. Membership consists of interlocking paver manufacturers, design professionals, paver installation contractors and suppliers of products and services related to the industry. ICPI offers a variety of services to its members through its vast library of technical publications, online design idea galleries, publications, paver installer certification programs and the industry's only dedicated magazine, Interlock Design Magazine. ICPI Vision: ICPI is the authority for concrete pavers, which are universally recognized as the best value for pavement systems. ICPI Mission: To deliver education and technical guidance leading to awareness, acceptance and use of segmental concrete pavement systems in the United States and Canada.