Globus at The University of Chicago seeks a Manager, Marketing and Communications to lead outreach and marketing activities. You will create demand for Globus products, and help grow our subscriber base by engaging a broad set of constituents that includes researchers, cyber-infrastructure providers, and software developers. You will be successful in this role if you enjoy working on all aspects of diverse outreach and communications projects, taking ideas from concept to completion. We are a small team where seniority takes a back seat to initiative, energy, and a willingness to learn. We get a kick out of crafting clever campaigns, and working with some of the smartest researchers around the world to take their work to the next level. We hope you know how communications resonate with end users, software engineers, CIOs, and everyone in betweenâ”but if youâ™re not an expert yet, the team will support you on your journey. And, if youâ™ve worked in a research computing environment, facilitating dialogue between researchers and technologists, this will be the perfect opportunity to deepen your experience. As a member of our diverse, distributed team you will have the responsibilities listed below.
1) Oversee planning and execution of customer-focused campaigns to drive new user engagement and support retention of Globus subscribers.
2) Collaborate with key stakeholders to communicate with Globus users, subscribers, and prospects across multiple channels.
3) Maintain a dynamic online presence for Globus, incorporating modern web properties and extensive use of social media.
4) Plan and execute the Globus teamâ™s presence at industry events and academic forums, defining themes, capturing prospects, and engaging with prospects through follow-up campaigns.
5) Work with Globus partners on joint outreach and marketing activities.
6) Prepare and disseminate press releases, and cultivate relationships with media outlets and analysts to increase coverage of Globus activities.
7) Assist in creating strategies that engage new users and convert existing Globus users to paying subscribers.
1) Exceptional writing skills.
2) Knowledge of marketing automation tools and processes.
3) Knowledge of social media platforms and processes.
4) Extreme attention to detail.
5) Exceptional organizational skills.
6) Manage long-running projects with minimal supervision.
7) Passionate about marketing automation and working with sales.
8) Plan and coordinate outreach and educational events.
9) Communicate and present ideas effectively.
10) Self-starter who works independently and proactively to resolve issues, taking ownership of projects and processes.
11) Work in a collaborative team environment.
12) Prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
1) Bachelor's degree in a science, engineering, or other technical field.
1) Minimum 3 years of software marketing and communications experience.
2) Experience with lead generation, campaign management, and event planning.
3) Experience with using social media channels (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) for lead generation and user management.
4) 4-5 years of marketing communications experience, preferably in infrastructure software products, e.g., high performance computing, cloud computing, storage, or networks.
5) Experience with all aspects of marketing communications activities, including developing user testimonials, case studies, press releases, and multi-channel marketing programs.
6) Experience with online presence optimization, including an understanding of website and other channel engagement metrics.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR07845
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.