Looking for something with a bit more purpose? Come join an incredible team to help move the important mission of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity forward!
The Marketing Manager will work with the Marketing & Communications team – a collaborative, creative group of problem solvers – to raise awareness about Twin Cities Habitat’s work and engage supporters and the broader community through our online and published assets and through digital and traditional advertising. The Marketing Manager plays a role in generating donations, deepening engagement with supporters (volunteers, donors, sponsors, etc.), attracting shoppers, donors, and volunteers to our ReStore Home Improvement Outlets, and reaching clients in need of our programs and services
· Marketing strategy: Work with the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications and Communications Manager to develop and implement the organization’s overarching marketing strategy to support priority business objectives.
· Website development and management: Oversee the functionality of the organization’s websites, evaluate and manage website performance, and develop, maintain, and update website content with support from departmental staff and vendors.
· Digital advertising: Develop, budget for, execute, manage, and track digital advertising strategies, including PPC, display ads, and social media ads.
· Content creation: Develop written and visual content for blogs, social media, and publications. Use inbound marketing methodology to create and manage an on-going plan for converting web visitors into leads and converting leads into customers (program clients, donors, volunteers, advocates, ReStore shoppers, etc.).
· Social media management: Coordinate, leverage, and grow our online social media exposure. Establish effective benchmarks for measuring social media impact and regularly report on effectiveness to maximize results across Twin Cities Habitat. Manage ad budgets and establish advertising strategy for social media channels.
Account management: Responsible for managing assigned internal client relationships, managing/planning budgets, coordinating with project manager, and maintaining client relationships.
Project management: Oversee the marketing project management process, including the ticketing intake process, assignment, resource management, and finding and developing efficiencies.
Marketing production: Coordinate the development, design, production, and distribution of promotional materials and electronic media (website, blog, email, etc.).
· Email marketing: Oversee email marketing strategies, assuring email campaigns are executed properly. Keep up to date with best practices and standards in the email marketing industry.
· Integrated marketing campaigns: Plan, manage, and execute integrated marketing campaigns from start to finish.
· Reporting: Monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of marketing initiatives. Constantly work to optimize efficiencies to make marketing efforts work better for the organization as a whole.
· Staff Management: Manage staff, including the Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Designer, and the Marketing and Events Associate. Manage volunteers as needed, including regular volunteer photographers.
Education and Experience
· 6+ years of relevant Marketing and Communications experience required. Experience with developing and executing marketing strategy required. Agency background preferred.
· Experience and familiarity with managing and planning strategy for social media accounts for an organization or business, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.
· Experience using Google Analytics and social media analytics tools and the ability to adjust strategies based on findings.
· 3+ years of experience managing Google Ad campaigns. Current Google Ad certification required. Experience with Retargeting/Remarketing, Display, and Rich Media/Video Advertising.
· 3+ years of experience managing and executing social media advertising.
· Previous experience working with HubSpot required. Current HubSpot certifications preferred.
· Previous experience with retail marketing a plus.
· Demonstrated experience in leveraging social networking and other online community-related tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strategic thinker: Experience preparing strategies and developing ideas that deal with changing environments while considering the various challenges that lie ahead to resolve a situation or to achieve a business goal.
· Writing: Experience with writing engaging content for print, blogs, email, and/or social media in a consistent, on-brand voice.
· Website management and maintenance: Knowledge of HTML and experience managing and maintaining website properties. Previous experience managing or working with web developers preferred (vendors or staff).
· SEO: Experience and background in SEO strategy and best practices.
· Graphic design experience. Comfortable with tools like Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
· Excellent oral and written communication when communicating to both external partners and internal teams in formal and informal meetings and presentations.
· An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
· Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
· Knowledge of Inbound Marketing methodology preferred.
· A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace, and a "can do" attitude.
· Has an eye towards opportunity; is self-motivated; savvy around cultural and news events and happenings.
Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity is committed to building the quality of life, health, and economic prosperity of the seven-county metro region by producing, preserving, and advocating for affordable homeownership – because homes and families are the foundation of successful communities.